Sunday, April 11, 2010

Two Sunny Days In A Row!

Yay, two sunny days in a row!
Yesterday my son Joshua helped me transplant around 5,000 onion starts, water the plants in the greenhouse and rototilled some more soil amendments in the soil.
Today I made our special recipe soil mix (Steve Solomonish) transplanted peppers and tomatoes into larger containers as well as garden flowers for part of the insect management program I have in my growing spaces.
The lettuce is 1/2 inch tall in the fields, peas are about an inch-kinda slow going with the cold nights so they will most likely be producing later than planned.
Hunters Greens shared some wintered over veggies with me. Not enough to say hey let's do a late winter share but enough to perhaps bring to the BG Farmers Market when it opens on April 24th!
Just the nicest csa farm people!
Anyways, til next time enjoy your week!

The Clark County Farmerette

No comments:

Post a Comment